- Oh. My. Life. I. Am. Going. To. Be. A. Doctor. Next. Year. I’m so not ready for this. Cue mental breakdown number 12 of the morning.
- A GMC number just arrived in my inbox. Everything is suddenly real. Neither the last four years of my life nor Jeremy Hunt’s antics have prepared me for this.Oh balls.
- Oriel just reminds me of Ariel. As in… The Little Mermaid.
- Speaking of which… must Oriel really undergo maintenance during the most crucial two weeks of my med school career?
- Soooo…. The whole of Scotland is one deanery. Cool.
- Everyone else has six Pubmed IDs and two additional first class degrees with honours. I mean, Scotland can’t be that bad. It’s fine. I’m fine.
Seriously, I’m fine.
- You know, the SJT is such a game changer and I have like… so much common sense, so it could really turn my life around. #NorthThames
- My geographical knowledge of this country amounts to zero.
- I have sixty tabs open on my internet browser, every third one being Google Images of various towns that I absolutely didn’t know existed.
- I cannot base my career for the next two years upon Google Images.
- Let me study the competition ratios from last year so I can tactfully place West Midlands North as my second choice.
- I’ve gone on three dates with this other medic from Tinder and I feel like I can really see a future there. Do I bring up the whole linking thing?
- If one more person asks me where I put as my top choice I will literally go into cardiac arrest in front of them. And since they are probably only as ready as I am to be a doctor, this doesn’t bode particularly well for my health.
- I still don’t know if my clinical referee quite knows who I am.
- Do I operate under a gender other than the one assigned to me at birth? I mean, what is my sexual orientation really? What is the meaning of life and what part do I play in it?
- The submit button is a massive red cog. My life changes the moment I click it and I already have so many commitment issues. Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow.
- But then if Oriel crashes the night before the deadline I’m done.
- Five people have taken screenshots of their submitted applications on Facebook so I have a vague idea of what my life would look if I did press it.
- Maybe I should just press it.
- OH. MY. LIFE. I. AM. GOING. TO. BE. A. DOCTOR. NEXT. YEAR. I. AM. SO. NOT. READY. FOR. THIS.
- Screw it. Neither is anyone else.